Acronym for Sound, Shape, Shine, Shadow, Smell, Silhouette, considerations needed for stealth tactical movement without being seen.
- Don’t make unnecessary SOUND or noise
- Break up your SHAPE with camouflage
- Don’t let you kits SHINE in the sun
- Stay in SHADOWS and try not to cast a SHADOW
- Don’t use perfumed soaps or aftershaves, don’t smoke, and watch out with camp fires because the SMELL of cooking (and the smoke) will give you away.
- Stay off the hilltops and ridgelines so you don’t stand out as a SILHOUETTE