Hi PrepHole. I come with thoughts of frying electronics and throwing access to your beloved HDD/SDD into the ether.
I'm about to embark on a DIY project for destroying keys to my hard disk in a very physical way.
1. Must be using a trusted platform module to encrypt your disk(s).
2. No recovery after trigger
3. Optionally remove encryption headers from hard drives.
My idea is this:
1. Use a boost converter wired to the trusted platform module and store a lethal charge to the TPM module in its capacitor.
2. Remote or local trigger.
3. Destroy LUKS, or other encrypted headers on trigger. (effectively removing the ability to unlock via password)
4. Zap TPM module and let out the magic smoke in the event headers can be restored from another breach to take care of key recovery.